Monday, January 31, 2011

Making a DisAppointment


I've been under-disappointed lately.


I mean, everything has turned out better than expected. I watched The Room and it was suitably hilarious and awkward. I played Kane and Lynch 2 and while it was bad it was still at least playable. I watched all of The Last Airbender and left with my sanity in check, thinking only that it's biggest crime was trying too much with no talent.


Much in the way something gets over hyped *cough* Avatar *cough* and then doesn't live up to its astronomical expectations. I'm having a similar problem, except I've been hoping for these things to be massive unequivocal failures but I've only been met by things I can identify as just plain old bad. Granted, having a sunny disposition as I do it is a tad bit difficult, but still, I have decided to set out on a journey, much like Mr. Glass, to find that magical train-wreck. I want to play the unplayable game, read the unreadable book, and watch the unwatchable movie.


This will test the limits of my sanity and challenge my optimistic outlook. My starting point is this: it has to be worse than Twilight New Moon, which will be difficult, because that movie almost broke me. I'm open to suggestions but I think I am going to start with Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness for the Playstation 2. This should be a fun experiment.

2 comments:

  1. play the new FF game... I dare you, you can't since its 90% cinematic therefore u can't "PLAY".you'll just be watching a movie xD.

    ReplyDelete