Saturday, March 12, 2011

Things I Should Like, But Don't

I've been on a bit of a hiatus lately. While I've found myself with more free time technically I haven't been able to write anything in quite some time. Effective immediately that will change. I'm going to get back into the swing of writing about every other day, whether it's an update on the game I'm playing or a full article. Today I'm debuting a new feature I like to call "Things I Should Like, But Don't". I'll admit I got the idea from my good friend Chad.

Here I will put on display my prejudices. These will be things that Nerd, Pop, and Retro culture all say I should enjoy, but alas, I find my interest waining at best. Please take note, this is not an exercise in trolling, it's just my opinion. I can see why people are fascinated by the things I'm going to address, just know I'm not that person. This will include entries from Gaming, Movies, Music, and anything else I can think of. So without further ado I give you the first on my list (which is in no particular order)

Things I Should Like, But Don't: Rocky Horror Picture Show


I'm going to be brief with this one. I love the music, I think it's fun and catchy, but the movie itself just doesn't interest me at all. It's quirky in all the wrong places and there is nothing truly special about it. It panders by trying to be overtly sexual and risqué but just comes off as immature. I think Tim Curry is great, in fact he's the main reason I ended up seeing this the first time. Keep in mind I don't hate RHPS I just can't seem to have a very good time watching this movie. I won't deny that it has a cult like following, but much like Fight Club, I don't think it deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment