Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oblivion Journal: First Entry

I recently got Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (5th anniversary edition for PS3, if you were wondering) and I'm only a few hours in. That said, this game is going to take many many hours. So instead of doing a summary of my experience at the end, I figured I would try something a bit different with Oblivion. I am going to be keeping a journal of sorts from the perspective of my brave avatar, so prepare yourself for the adventure and ridiculousness of Mattimus the Quiet.

Day Oneth

I'm in a dungeon! Not sure how... or why... also I think I might have changed genders over night, this may warrant further investigation. I heard the sultry voice of one Captain Jean-Luc Picard in a dream, today is going to be a good day!

The Emperor himself paid me a visit in my cell! I knew today would be good! I followed him around for a bit to listen to his voice, but then he died... shame really.

Day Two by two

I'm not in a dungeon! The Emperor sent me on a quest, so questing I will go. I saw a small encampment so I thought I would check it out. Upon investigation I discovered that people there really don't like interruptions, but I knew I could handle the situation with Diplomacy.

After a few stabs from Diplomacy the situation was handled and I was 3 gold pieces richer. Bam.

Day the Third

I picked up an arrow and now I can't move... This is troubling... I made my way to meet some guy named Jaufree, who is supposed to know where to find one of the Emperor's love children. He gave me the information I needed, so I continued on my merry way. I felt a horse would be the best way to travel so I hopped on one at the local stable.

... Turns out I stole the horse. The owner and a guard chased me several miles but I eventually out ran them (sans horse). I'm sure since I returned the horse and the whole thing was a misunderstanding that this will have no negative connotations in the future. None whatsoever.

Day-to-be Four

I went to hell today, that was interesting. Well, technically it was Oblivion, but it's like hell. I also ripped the hearts out of several guards. When in Rome!

I found Martin the Bastard! He doesn't like it when I call him that but I think it's hilarious, so the little bastard will just have to deal with it.

We helped bring a castle town out from the control of demons. During which I accidentally struck down a guard, but he got in the way of my arrow so I'm sure my friends won't mind. After all, it was an accident in the heat of battle.

Whoa, turns out they do mind, I had to kill all of my friends... oh well, fresh slate! and Martin doesn't seem to mind!

Day ofeth Five

Martin, Jaufree and Myself are now headed toward the head quarters of the Blades. I think I see a fellow horsemen up ahead, I'll stop and give greetings.

Turns out it was a guard who only wanted to arrest me, hardly seems fair... So I killed him. Martin objected, but I knocked him out again and then he was fine. It's nice to know your friends have reset buttons.

We finally reached the Blades HQ but we can't get in without Jaufree and he is missing. Now I have to go find his lazy ass. Went into then out of a building, then back to the HQ and Jaufree was there! I also missed something important apparently, but I don't care, I'm far to handsome. Besides! I have a new quest! Time to head to the big city!

Dayeth the Six

Met some new friends on the road! Had to kill them though, they started it.


I made it to the big city! A guard is ahead, I shall ask his friendly muscular frame for directions!

They arrested me! No idea why, I think I smell bullshit... well any way, I'll just sleep off my sentence and everything will be fine.

Day Sev

I made it out of prison, I feel slower, dumber and weaker, but better for the experience... and now I can't move... This is slightly troubling.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment